[opencms-dev] CmsTemplateBean once again!

GV kpkp at gmx.net
Tue Jul 26 08:15:44 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 23:36, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> > I'm really glad to see a reply to this topic! Thanks for that.
> >
> > I wouldn't really disagree with your comments but is any documented
> > template
> > around which captures news items (or articles!) placed as independent
> > files
> > in a directory and displays them in a master page?
> >
> > I was trying to make use of the Article Management module but got into
> > problems with the current opencms version! I don't know if Ulrich, the
> > creator of this module, could comment on this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > George
>
>      Well, I've looked at this feature in the GA of 6.0, and didn't have
> any problem.  What issue are you having?

I don't know where to start with!!!

Let's say you have a set of news articles (all of them constructed as
independent web pages including, for example, a text and an image) and you
place them in a specific directory. Now, which opencms class should I use in
order to parse the content of this directory, display in a master page an
abstract of each news item and a link to the complete page?

Thanks

George