[opencms-dev] Re: Contribution: CustomValuesSelectWidget

Stefan Uldum Grinsted sug at interactive.as
Wed Jul 27 17:15:14 CEST 2005

Regarding the e-mail below.

Should iI upload the module to the modules section at opencms.org?

Best regards
Stefan Uldum Grinsted
---------------------------------
Par No 1 Interactive a|s
sug at interactive.as

Stefan Uldum Grinsted/Interactive
26-07-2005 14:01

opencms-dev at opencms.org
cc

Subject
Contribution: CustomValuesSelectWidget

To Alkacon and the list

I have made a little simple select widget for the xmlcontent editor that
reads its options from another xmlcontent file.

My problem was that i needed the editor of a website to be able to control
the options of a dropdown-selection-box in the xmlcontent.
I wouldn't neither want him or expect him to edit the xsd for the
xmlcontent to change the configuration-string of OpenCmsSelectWidget.
Therefore i got the idea of letting him edit an xmlcontent file that
contains the options for the select-box and crete this widget that
generates its options from the file.

I created this as a module for OCMS 6, so it can be used as is. I also
added my eclipse-project with the source-code for the widget, so someone
can, if wanted, implement it into OpenCms.

In the zip-file, the module can be found under
opencms/WEB-INF/packages/modules, and the eclipse-project lies under
eclipse/workspace.
I added my opencms-vfs.xml config file as well.

You might want to read the notice.txt under the eclipse-project before
using the module. The widget has to be configured in OpenCms before usage.

The module contains simple examples of how to use the widget.

See http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q3/018194.html for a
description of my eclipse-project structure, if nessecery.

Hope this is usefull.

Good luck and
Best regards
Stefan Uldum Grinsted