[opencms-dev] Re: Design for accessibility, HTML Strict and CSS

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:24:03 CEST 2005

On 7/29/05, Alessandro Magnolo <alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the WYSIWYG editors in OpenCms create code that is not
> strict: for example, when centering text they produce the following
> code:
> instead of the visually equivalent and html4-compliant

I have to deny myself: HtmlArea produces the compliant code when used
in Firefox, and the "bad" one when used in IE.

Sebastian's work on FCKEditor seems promising regarding the
possibility to use pre-defined CSS classes. Please inform the list
when you release it.
By the way also FCKEditor produces the same non-compliant code when used in IE.

regards,
Alessandro