[opencms-dev] Adding a link to a page

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:07:58 CEST 2005

How to avoid OpenCms prepend the current server URL to the links?

I have a development server and a production server, with different URLs.
If I use the WYSIWYG editor to create a link to an opencms resource,
it inserts the absolute url. For example, if I want to link the
resource /test/index.html, using the visual editor (HtmlArea) it will
create the url:
http://development.server/test/index.html

and of course this won't work on production server where the URL should be
http://production.server/test/index.html

or, even better, the url should remain
/test/index.html

what's worst is that even when I edit the source code of the page, and
I insert a /test/index.html link, opencms automatically prepends the
server url... so there's no way to edit a file in development, lest
changing every single link when transferred to production.

this seems to be a serious bug, as it makes it impossible to use a
separate development and production server.

regards,
alessandro