[opencms-dev] Customise search ERROR [OpenCMS 6.0] (resend)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Jul 30 10:14:11 CEST 2005

David,

keep in mind that the archtecture is based around the CmsSearchManager, so
you need to register your index sources there in order to use them later. So
for example you are calling CmsSearchindex.initialize() befor you add the
index source to the search manager. You may tra to add the initialize() call
just befor capping updateIndex().

On the other hand, you should consider bulding one index that hold all your
resources and then using CmsSearch#setSearchRoots(String[]) to limit the
search dynamically to a set of resources. You will not have the overhead of
multiple index ceration this way, and the results will be found likewise
fast.

One last thing: There have been made some changes in the search API
(renaming of methods) in the current CVS HEAD since we have been adding new
features to the search, like dynamically updating of search indexes after
publish recently. Also there will be a new Admin backoffice for managing the
indexes soon.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior