[opencms-dev] How to let a user upload in VFS

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:55:18 CEST 2005

I am working on a jsp to let website visitors upload a file in OpenCms 6 VFS.
I am sharing this information hoping that toghether with someone else
working on the same problem we can find a solution. In fact, this
seems to be a FAQ, but so far nobody has answered properly. I wonder
if the other people who worked on this managed to find a solution or
they abandoned the platform altogether.

I found some code snippets for opencms 5, but none of them was a
complete example on how to accomplish this.
this is what I've found so far:
- first of all you need to get the CmsRequestHttpServlet
- from CmsRequestHttpServlet you get the uploaded files
- switch to offline project
- save the file in VFS
- publish the file
- switch back to online

 Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work in OpenCms 6, since
CmsRequestHttpServlet is deprecated. An alternative is needed.

I'd be grateful if someone could give me some hints on how to proceed.
Regards,
Alessandro