[opencms-dev] Announce: image filtering using SVG (eg resizing, dropshadows, captions)

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:52:49 CEST 2005

This is a  general purpose image filter using XSLT and SVG.  It can be
used to automatically add captions to images, resize images, or apply
arbitrary effects such as dropshadows etc.

It's currently in alpha release -- not ready for production use. There
are some very rough edges, so I don't want to make a general release
just yet.  Example: It's not packaged as a proper module and I've
still got "/var/tmp" hardcoded as a work directory etc.

I won't be able to work on this for the next two weeks so maybe
someone might want to play with this before I get a chance to polish
it up.

The current release + source + manual is available at
http://www.wombat.ie/software/OpenCmsImageFilter/

It was inspired/based on a LGPL module by metamesh.de and is available
under the same licence.

Joe.