[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6 indexing not documented

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Aug 10 09:24:52 CEST 2005

Matt's Lucene module for 5 and the integrated stuff for 6 are two
different things. Check the documentation modules in 6 - there is one
for setting up the search.
It does not provide info for how to set up the scheduler, but luckily
that is fairly simple for a vanilla setup:
Add a new job, give it a descriptive job name, choose the
org.opencms.search.CmsSearchManager, use one of the example cron
expressions (provides sufficient info for you to setup one that should
suit most needs). The "Reuse instance" I've set to off, don't see any
benefits from re-using it since I've set indexing to take place only
once a day. And finally set it to be active. That should get you started