[opencms-dev] using A_CmsListDialog, where is all the JavaScript?

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Wed Aug 10 17:31:20 CEST 2005

Hi, Alexander!

> Indeed i'm displaying the dialog as you indicate in your response, and it
> displays and pulls my data correctly, but none of the actions work... It can
> be related to the fact that the parts to display the help are missing...
> Because, when i click on, let's say the "delete" icon, i get the confirmation
> dialog with the right text, however, when i click OK, a JavasCript error is
> generated, complaining that "hMH" is not defined, which is the same error
> that i get when i mouse over many of the action icons.
ok, i understand the problem:
you have to call the page with the parameter style=new

the point is that there are a lot of older dialogs (but no list dialog) used in
the new administration framework, and this parameter controls the included
style sheets, js, and other stuff.
the best fix for that is to always set this magical parameter somewhere in the
A_CmsListDialog class.

> My hope is that i can reuse all this GUI tools and that at one pont it will
> take me less time to make UI using them than with no framework... You think
> this is possible?
that is the idea, but your are the first one trying it out! so as said before
give us your feedback.

--
Regards
Michael Moossen