[opencms-dev] nm- Help needed - Module for template -Someone Please help me

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu Aug 11 16:16:53 CEST 2005

There is no longer a 1-1 correspondence between a module and a folder in
the /system/modules. Using the new administration you have to create
those folders yourself. You need to tell the module about it's resources
and possibly export points as well.
I think you can still use the Legacy administration to create a new
module and it will add the usual folder structure and set the parameters
accordingly.

I think a nice feature in the next generation module admin would be to
have a couple of typical module-usages as example - if all one need is
to create a module in order to put site-specific templates and the like,
the old module admin functionality was much easier to use since it would
create the folders and set the relevant module parameters and one would
be ready to create a template.