[opencms-dev] session issues with firefox and IE

Pramila Thakur pramilathakur at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:06:02 CEST 2005

Hi List,

Here is a situation that works in firefox and partially works in IE

We deployed the website on tomcat server.

It works great in Firefox, all the links work fine.
But in IE borowser  sometimes couple of links give me Server 500 error
, not always but some times.

It does not seem like it is to do with my code.

I have a header jsp which is included in all the templates.

It is basically something like this in all the templates.

<cms:template element="header">
<cms:include file="/sites/bb/header.jsp">
</cms:template>

In header.jsp

<%
List somelist = (List)request.getSession().getAttribute(""attname");
%>
<cms:link>/system/modules/mymodule/resources/styles/some.css</cms:link>
<form name="checkform" action="/main" method="POST">
  <input type="hidden" name="currentPage" value="<%=
request.getRequestURI()%>" />
</form>

<% if(somelist == null){%>
             document.checkform.submit();
       </script>
<%}%>
</head></html>

I am not doing anything strange here.

But all of a sudden i start getting Server 500 error on some pages in IE only.
So I am thinking of session issues with IE.

As in the above case /main is my servlet. It finds all the time but
all of a sudden it seems not to find it.

Does anyone has any idea what is going on.

I appriciate any suggestions

Thanks
PThakur