[opencms-dev] templates with xml content

Gonzalez, Arnau (GE Consumer Finance, consultant) arnau.gonzalez at ge.com
Wed Aug 17 16:48:48 CEST 2005

Hello, I'm trying to create a template where there is the whole body of the web page defined and only a few sections are editable. For that reason I want that the editable sections don't use the WYSIWYG editor but custom dialogs. I think the only way to do this is to use de XML content. Am I right?

The problem is as it is a new feature of OpenCms 6, there aren't much documentation of generating templates which use XML content.

By now I've achieved to create the jsp template and locate a direct editing button (the red box) where I want, which is supposed to give me the possibility of modify the XML content defined in the xsd document. But when pressing the button, instead of opening the XML content editor, it tries to open an index.html that doesn't exist.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Arnau