[opencms-dev] Creating and Using Templates

Gonzalez, Arnau (GE Consumer Finance, consultant) arnau.gonzalez at ge.com
Fri Aug 19 15:15:51 CEST 2005

Once you have created the page which uses the template you have to write the content. Click with the left mouse button the new page and select the edit option. The editor will open and you will be able to introduce the content, which will appear in the body of the page.
If you want to edit the content directly from the page you must add the line <cms:editable/> in the header of the template and modify the include line with this <cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>. This will make appear a button in the editable section of the page where you can edit the content directly.

Check this link
http://cms2.graysail.com/alkacon-documentation/howto_template/

Arnau

-----Mensaje original-----
De: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org]En nombre de A Chan
Enviado el: jueves, 18 de agosto de 2005 20:51
Para: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Asunto: [opencms-dev] Creating and Using Templates

Hi Folks,

I'm an OpenCMS newbie, using version 6.0.

I've created a new template based on instructions from
the Alkacon documentation "JSP template development
Howto".

When I create a new page that uses the template, I
only see the static text output from the template, but
not the body of my page.  My template does include the
body tag, <cms:include element= "body"/>.

I was able to get this to work *once* for a new page,
but now I can't get it to work for any other new
pages.

Is there some relationship between modules, templates,
projects, and folders that I need to establish in
order to use the template successfully?

Thank you for your assistance,
-Amy