[opencms-dev] VFS optimisation, MS SQL 2000 etc

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:45:39 CEST 2005

I'm wondering if the VFS could be cleanly separated from the rest of
OpenCms with a well defined API? As I understand it the VFS is just
another file system, with files possessing "properties" in addition to
the usual name, directory location and binary content.

A recenting posting pointed out that there appears to be scope for
optimising the way the VFS interacts with the database. Perhaps a
clean separation of the VFS from the rest of OpenCms will facilate
people working on the VFS code without fear of disrupting the core
CMS. It should also make it easier to port the VFS to other databases.

Joe.