[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Clustering on weblogic

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Sun Aug 21 16:57:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am working on integrating OpenCms with WebLogic 8.1:

> 1. Clustering OpenCMS: Is there anything specific one needs to do for
> opencms? Would it be any different than clustering any application on
> weblogic cluster?

I noticed in the source code that some session information is stored in
an application class, org.opencms.main.CmsSessionManager, but not in the
user's HttpSession object.  This means (I think) that failover may not
work correctly in a clustered environment.  I have not tested this
hypothesis.  Perhaps a more experienced OpenCms developer on the list
could comment on this?

I don't know anything about your other questions :)

-jason