[opencms-dev]CmsLinkManager, OpenCms / WebLogic portal integration

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Sun Aug 21 17:00:51 CEST 2005

Content selectors are... "almost" working.  This is one of the things we
are actively working on, I think it may take us a couple of weeks to get
it right.  Right now, only <cm:getNode>, <cm:getProperty>, and
ShowPropertyServlet are 100% functional.

I think some time early this week I should get an answer on whether it
is ok for me to post my code to the list.

-jason

You
> > can browse the contents of the OpenCms repository in the weblogic
portal
> > admin application, and see property values on both folders and
files.

> > What isn't working:  We haven't integrated the search features yet,
so
> > the <cm:search> tag and content placeholders don't work.  Also
> > hyperlinks created in OpenCms documents (using the <cms:link> tag)
> > aren't correctly translated into links that work in the portal --
this
> > is what I was getting at in my first email to the list.  We are
actively
> > working on both of these features.
> >
> > I have yet to get OpenCms static export to work at all when running
in
> > WebLogic.  I would like to see this feature work, but if not, I
suppose
> > we can just leave it disabled and settle for the numerous caching
> > features already built in to WebLogic portal.
> >
> > We have not implemented (and don't plan to implement) any sort of
> > write-access from weblogic, so we can't use the weblogic portal
admin
> > app to change anything in the OpenCms repository.  Someday I would
like
> > to implement VCR "library services"; for example, moving a content
node
> > to the "published" state in WebLogic would cause the file to be
> > published to the Online project in OpenCms.  However, this is not a
> > requirement for us.
> >
> > -jason

CmsLinkManager