[opencms-dev] Creating and Using Templates

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Mon Aug 22 09:15:36 CEST 2005

"Michael, Nick N" <Nick.Michael at standardbank.co.za> writes:

> It assumes you know how to make templates
>
> There is no simple usable template
> One wants a simple template with a navigator and a breadcrumb
> that uses a stylesheet with a header banner and a footer image

Actually there's org.opencms.welcome. Simple enough to get started. Even
with a login.

> But it seems you must invest money to get the training and buy a book

At least some time.

> That is how newbies are expected to learn spend the cash to learn or buy
> templates

I think they are expected to read everything available. I admit it's
cumbersome, but the same applies to answering the same questions.

> Please visit http://www.greece.org/africa/opencms/
> and get helped

I must admit that something like this page was missing.
Very nice of you.

Regards,
Thomas