[opencms-dev] how to manage jsp

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Tue Aug 23 16:47:32 CEST 2005

it really doesn't matter where you put it as long as you use the right thing
to point to it from the form... For example, i create a module for my site,
and it has a directory called "actions", so there is a:

/system/modules/com.mysite.site/actions/mailer.jsp

and your template is in:

/system/modules/com.mysite.site/templates/mytemplate

It has a form that has a tag like:

<form action="<cms:link>../actions/mailer.jsp</cms:link>" method="POST"
name="emailForm">
... your form here
</form>

So, when the form posts to the jsp, the jsp needs to also take them to the
right place...

And this is just one way to do it... you could have the jsp code in the same
form and have the form submit to itself or whatever..

Hope this helps..