[opencms-dev] How to specify where static export should be exporting files ?

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Aug 24 17:35:38 CEST 2005

I guess you are mixing something up here........

OpenCms always stores its pages in an internal xml format.
This content is inserted into the templates and OpenCms generates the
HTML out of it.

The Extended HTML-Import is a tool to convert already existing HTML
pages into the xml format that is used by OpenCms, so that you can use
the content of your already existing pages within a template.

The Synchronization is ment to synchronize the OpenCms Virtual File
system with the one of your server, its main usage for template
development and not for the end user (content editor). So if you
synchronize your imported pages, you will of course find some xml files
on your server after that.

What you are looking for is the "static export" feature. If enabled,
OpenCms will staticly export your published generated pages to the
server filesystem. Search the mailing list for this subject.

I think you also should take a look at the documentation modules which
are delivered with OpenCms to get an idea how templates etc work in OpenCms.

Regards,
Michael Emmerich

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts