[opencms-dev] Need more information about Opencms6.0 Contentdefination

Swamy KPN swamy.kpn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:28:55 CEST 2005

Hi All,
I am new to opencms, By using opencms i want to create a News and faq
modules for this i downloded some opencms5.0 sample news module and
Opencms5.0 faq modules which are using Contentdefination classes for
creating news and faq on opencms. In that contentdefinationclasses they are
importing the classes are

import org.opencms.main.CmsException;
import

com.opencms.defaults.A_CmsBackoffice;
import

com.opencms.workplace.CmsXmlWpTemplateFile;
import

com.opencms.template.A_CmsXmlContent;
import

org.opencms.file.CmsObject;
i am trying to complie the downloaded Contentdefination class while compling
it gives error like

E:\news\NewsChannelContentDefinition.java:3: package com.opencms.core does
not exist
import com.opencms.core.*;
^
E:\news\NewsChannelContentDefinition.java:4: package com.opencms.file does
not exist
import com.opencms.file.*;
^
E:\news\NewsChannelContentDefinition.java:5: package
com.opencms.templatedoes not exist
import com.opencms.template.*;
^
E:\news\NewsChannelContentDefinition.java:6: package
com.opencms.defaultsdoes not exist
import com.opencms.defaults.*;
^
some where i have seen that in opencms6.0 the package names have been
changed and some classes are dpricated in opencms6.0 ,for example in
opencms6.0 we don't have a A_CmsContentDefination class and A_CmsBackoffice
classes.

Some modules which i have seen they used using XML/XSD for creating news and
faqs articles .

I am confused how people have implemented these modules in v5.0 and in v6.0.
i.e to extends ContentDefinition class or go with xml/xsd .

Currently i am using opencms6.0 ,can any one suggest me which of the content
definition approach be used and if any one having documetaion for this
please send to me would much appriciated

Thanks & Regards,

Swamy