[opencms-dev] Re: news module using content definition in 6.0

seema pai seemasandeeppai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:16:49 CEST 2005

Can any OpenCms expert please tell me how to use ContentDefinition
(extending class and writing jdbc calls to update content in custom db
tables) is done in 6.0 ?
The Faq/articles downloaded from opencms site does not work in 6.0 ! the
jsp's says class not found, and the java classes can't be
compiled since the packages have changed from com.opencms in 5.* to
org.opencms in 6.*.
what is the equivalent class for A_CmsContentDefinition as it is not listed
in ducumentation nor opencms.jar of 6.0 ?
what are the otherways to write to my specific table in DB in OpenCms v6 api
?
Do XML content help me write data to DB and anf let publish the content to
VFS or with static export for news, press, help contents ? I run
OpenCms6.0on WebSphere
5.1 using oracle db