[opencms-dev] Problem with search in opencms 6

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Thu Sep 1 15:57:49 CEST 2005

I'm not sure i understand the question as far as "without have to go inside
administration". If you mean if the search can be used without loging in,
then yes, its totally up to how you develop it.

If you mean you want to develop a search "implementation" in your app without
using the workplace, imho you can do it and then bring in your code as a
module (if you package it as such) or using syncronization...

For developping your particular usage of the search, i would look in the
alkacon's docs for it and the examples in template one and modules... Very
roughly you need to follow these steps:

1.  You need to edit WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml and add indexes and
index sources with their respective document types. If you see the existing
file you'll figure it out real quick...
2. Create a directory with the name as the newly created index in the config
file inside of WEB-INF/index
3. Regenerate the indexes in the workplace's admin module for this effect.
4. Develop pages to run searches and display results (look in alkacon's search
examples and docs)

hope this helps
On Thursday 01 September 2005 05:53 am, jose manuel morenas brenes wrote:
> Hello to all:
>
> I know that in OPENCMS6 exists un module in administration to search, but my
ask is how can i make a searcher in my application? (without have to go
inside administration).