[opencms-dev] xmlcontent - not working - need some help/guidance

Ricky Tapper rstapper at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 21:58:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to get xmlcontent to work. I have read
EVERY post I could find on this subject and have
performed the steps to create the xsd and the
xmlcontent. The issue occurs with either the
workplace.properties or the opencms-modules.xml files
(I believe).

I am using OpenCms 6.0, Jboss 4.x, MySQL 4.x on
Windows XP Pro. Everything else appears to be working
fine. If I can get this piece finished then we can
finalize our web-site for QA.

Here is the section of the opencms-modules.xml file:

<resourcetypes>
     <type
class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent"
name="specialevent" id="5000">
          <param
name="schema">/sites/default/playground/specialevent.xsd</param>
     </type>
</resourcetypes>
<explorertypes>
     <explorertype name="specialevent"
key="fileicon.specialevent" icon="specialevent.gif"
reference="xmlcontent">
          <newresource page="structurecontent"
uri="newresource_xmlcontent.jsp?newresourcetype=specialevent"
order="5050"/>
          <accesscontrol>
               <accessentry
principal="GROUP.Administrators"
permissions="+r+v+w+c"/>
               <accessentry
principal="GROUP.Projectmanagers"
permissions="+r+v+w+c"/>
               <accessentry principal="GROUP.Users"
permissions="+r+v+w+c"/>
          </accesscontrol>
     </explorertype>
</explorertypes>

Here is the contents of workplace.properties:

#
# Localized Strings and help texts to display on the
article editor
#

fileicon.specialevent = SpecialEvent
title.newspecialevent = Create a new special event

label.SpecialEvent.Title = Title
label.SpecialEvent.Title.help = The title of the
special event.<br>This value will be mapped to the
"Title" property of the resource.

editor.defaults.SpecialEvent.Title  = Enter the title
of the special event here...

editor.errormessage.SpecialEvent.mustnotcontainerror=Text
in {0} must not contain "error" or "Error".
editor.warning.SpecialEvent.mustnotcontainwarn=Text in
{0} must not contain "warn" or "Warn".

After making these changes (and copying the GIF icon
to the appropriate directory), I restarted the server.
When I tried to create a new piece of content of this
specific type, I pressed "finish" and I received an
error that said it could not find the SpecialEvent
resource and it did not create the content.

Can anyone help with this? If more information is
needed, then I can provide it. I just don't know what
else to provide. I have been working on this for a
coupe of days now with no success. Please help.

Regards,

Ricky Tapper