[opencms-dev] How to recognize special HTML characters ?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:33:20 CEST 2005

I just did a quick test with the Mozilla default editor -- (HTMLArea) and it
does appear to convert   to an ordinary space. I'm not sure what is the
correct behaviour for the editor. Converting things like € into proper
characters can often be useful. But I'm not sure if converting   into
space is correct.

BTW: someone mentioned a while back that they had a new editor almost fully
ported to work with OpenCms. Any news on that? I would really, really like
to see an alternative to the HTMLArea editor.

Joe.