[opencms-dev] favicon.ico integration

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio.uni-oldenburg.de
Tue Sep 13 15:24:39 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem in a OpenCms 6.0 app. I want a favicon.ico
integrated into that site so I put an icon in root dir of the
site and it can be requested. This works well, but I cannot
get the correct mime type for this file. I added into web.xml
(tried both, Tomcat and "opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml"):

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ico</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-icon</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

but everything I get is

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: OpenCms/6.0.0

I also looked at http://www.alkacon.com/favicon.ico and
http://www.opencms.org/favicon.ico, but got text mime as well.
Searching for "binary mime" in mailing list archive leads to
above solution ("Problem with binary files with IE"), but this
does not work for me.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Thorsten