[opencms-dev] favicon.ico integration

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Wed Sep 14 09:15:20 CEST 2005

Hi Thorsten,

you're right. I have tested it again. Just remebered this wrong type after upload.
But what ever type I set, the icon is there in the url line.
And I have done nothing additionally on my Tomcat/OpenCms/Apache etc. configuration for that.
x-icon should be configured there by default.

In the HTML I use this two lines and an additional GIF with the same picture.

|    <link rel="ICON" type="image/gif" href="<cms:link>../../resources/img/favicon.gif</cms:link>">
|    <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="<cms:link>../../resources/img/favicon.ico</cms:link>">

If it's an IE problem, perhaps the GIF helps ? No time to test it right now.

Kind regards, Bernd

On Wednesday, 14. September 2005 08:50, Thorsten Duhn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 16:49, Bernd Wolfsegger wrote:
> > after upload of the ico you have to set the ressourcetype in OpenCms to
> > "image" (leftclick mouse on the ressourcesymbol -->> change type). by
>
> default
>
> > its plain, if I remeber correctly.
>
> I have done that, too. I also made an additional entry in
> "opencms-vfs.xml".
>
> I don't think this can help anyway, because the information "image" in VFS
> is
> a bit more general than "image/jpeg", "image/gif" or in this case
> "image/x-icon".
>
> Regards,
> Thorsten
>
> --
>
> On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 16:24, Thorsten Duhn wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a problem in a OpenCms 6.0 app. I want a favicon.ico
> >> integrated into that site so I put an icon in root dir of the
> >> site and it can be requested. This works well, but I cannot
> >> get the correct mime type for this file. I added into web.xml
> >> (tried both, Tomcat and "opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml"):
> >>
> >>     <mime-mapping>
> >>         <extension>ico</extension>
> >>         <mime-type>image/x-icon</mime-type>
> >>     </mime-mapping>
> >>
> >> but everything I get is
> >>
> >>     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> >>     Server: OpenCms/6.0.0
> >>
> >> I also looked at http://www.alkacon.com/favicon.ico and
> >> http://www.opencms.org/favicon.ico, but got text mime as well.
> >> Searching for "binary mime" in mailing list archive leads to
> >> above solution ("Problem with binary files with IE"), but this
> >> does not work for me.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Thorsten

[  Code Create
[  Web Content Management and Presentation

[  Bernd Wolfsegger
[  Sun Certified Programmer for Java(TM) 2 Platform

[  Contact in Germany
[
[  Lohmeyerstrasse 13
[  10587 Berlin