[opencms-dev] OpenCms in the future?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:42:35 CEST 2005

I wonder if those in the know can comment on the short and medium term plans
for OpenCms? I understand that a new release (6.0.1 or 6.1?) is due before
the end of September, but beyond that what's the plan? I see from the CVS
that people are working hard behind the scenes, but the occasional posting
on the development list from the core developers would be very reassuring.
Things like what's planned for version 7, will it implement JSR 170 etc.
Also in what areas do the developers welcome contributions?

Please don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining. The software is very much
appreciated and I'm contributing the best I can by helping people on the
email list. When I'm finished my first few OpenCms projects I hope to have
some code to contribute ( eg the SVG image filter project at
http://www.wombat.ie/software/OpenCmsImageFilter/ )

Joe.