[opencms] Re: [opencms-dev] OpenCms in the future?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu Sep 15 12:06:26 CEST 2005

There could be many benefits of using an ORM like Hibernate (for one
thing it is just to tedious to have to write SQL or JDBC calls).
Portability being another one.
Making a CmsDbDriver as Tristan mentioned would probably be the simplest
and quickest approach, but if that is going to deliver all the benefits
is probably another issue.
Having an ORM as a part of the core would also benefit the
module-development since many modules need database access (beyond the
"a file per record" approach of the structure contents).

But in any case such a project would benefit from what Alkacon is doing
as far as providing branches on the CVS.