[opencms-dev] (6.0.0) Benchmarks

Jorge González informatico at hotelparadisepark.com
Fri Sep 16 19:03:58 CEST 2005

Hi list:

Performance is a major concern to all of us, i think.

I would like to know how opencms downgrades, user limits and medium response
times.

I know this is virtually impossible, because these measures are system
dependent. BUT i think we could define a standard test case and a basic HW
test architecture. The test case could be defined in jmeter, so the tests
can be compared one with each other.

We could use the opencms 6.0.0 release, with all the base modules installed.
Then we could define the test cases:

- static page (index.jsp)
- xml content rendering (xml content demo)
- workplace operations (listing random vfs folders)

I know this is a complex task, but the tests could be usefull to our
production servers too.

What do you think about it ?