[opencms-dev] MySQL, OpenCms and a 3Com Superstack firewall

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Fri Sep 16 23:03:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

I had the same problem some times ago with OpenCms alpha 2 and I
experimentet with the conection pooling (idle connection time out, or
some thing like this in opencms.properties, but it didn't help, because
the connections didn't close anymore, I think that's a bug), the
firewall cutted the connection exactly after 2 hours and I came up with
the following simple solution, I used "wget" in a cron job to retrieve
the index page of my OpenCms Installation hourly and deleted the file
via another cron job from the filesystem and that works for me till then
as a charme :-)

I think I had post some thing about it to this list ..

If that helps, please let me know, we shall post it to the
opencms-forum.de or ask OpenCms Experts about it :-)

HTH,
Arash

--
http://www.pomegranate.de <http://www.pomegranate.de/>