[opencms-dev] Mapping my website with just a Tomcat and no Apacheserver.

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 04:06:51 CEST 2005

It's a good question. I've never thought about using OpenCms without
an Apache front end.

Running Tomcat under port 80 will not solve all the problems: Eg the
website will not be mapped at the Tomcat root level. Looking at the
root of my Tomcat (which has OpenCms installed as the ROOT webapp) I
get a directory listing with "export", "resources" and "setup".

Also, under unix like systems (eg Linux), running Tomcat as port 80
means running it under root, which is not a good idea.

Joe.