[opencms-dev] MySQL, OpenCms and a 3Com Superstack firewall

Corbey, Clayton CorbeyC at brandonrha.mb.ca
Mon Sep 19 20:21:58 CEST 2005

FYI,

Here's the only answer that I've come up with, which seems a little like
a hack to me, thanks to the firewall.

There is an idle connection timeout setting on the 3com superstack3
firewall that can be increased to a maximum of 999 minutes (approx. 16
and a half hours). Unfortunately it cannot be disabled. I'm guessing
that 3com wasn't thinking of developers when they forgot to allow this
feature to be disabled.

So going along with what Arash has mentioned, scheduling a CRON job to
run every few hours to do a GET on a page in your site and increasing
this idle connection timeout parameter seems to be the only way to
alleviate this predicament.

If anybody else has a better solution, please, post it!

-Clayton

p.s. Thanks for all the help that everybody has supplied.