[opencms-dev] newby question: how can i get a module to show up under /system/modules

Hussayn Dabbous hussayn.dabbous at saxess.de
Wed Sep 21 00:35:32 CEST 2005

Hi, all

i am currently testing 6.0.0 in order to migrate from 5
as it is recommended. But i face some basic problems.

e.g. the documentaion says:

"When you create a new module, a skeleton folder structure is
automatically created for your module. The main module directory will be
placed in the /system/modules/ folder and it will have the package name
of your module, so if your module is named org.opencms.mymodule the main
module folder will be /system/modules/org.opencms.mymodule/."

But when i create a module com.saxess.mymodule, it does not show up
under /system/modules/com.saxess.mymodule as expected. neither
publishing nor uploading the module works for me. what am i doing
wrong ?

Furthermore i can see 51 modules in the 6.0.0 distribution, but
only 10 of them under /system/modules

so how can i get my module (and the other ones) to be placed under
/system/modules ??? or is my installation broken ?

regards, hussayn