[opencms-dev] OpenCms as a DocManagSystem

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Sep 22 23:48:02 CEST 2005

Daniel,

> Is it possible to put files into OpenCms without pressing the
synchronize button?

Yes, there are several ways to do that, without having any access to the
workplace:

1. WebDav Integration (commercial module available from some companies
and probably Alkacon is going to implement this funktion too)

2. CIFS Integration (Common Internet Filesystem) would be possible,
perhaps one of our clients would fund, sponsor our idea to help
implementing CIFS Integration.

<!-- If Anybody knows other companies who could fund this project,
please contact me -->

3. Integration through Subversion, but you have to deal with 2
repositories (OpenCms DB and SVN FSFS), which means all binary docs
(PDF, Word, Excel, etc.) would be stored in both repositories (see one
of my previous emails about this topic).

We prefer and support CIFS implemenation.

Regards,
Arash