Antwort: [opencms-dev] OC6 and history

B.Schlopsnies at waz.de B.Schlopsnies at waz.de
Fri Sep 23 15:18:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

after run the History-Cleanup you have "optimize table" your mysql tables?

Regards,
Benny

Andras Balogh <abalogh at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
23.09.2005 14:50
Bitte antworten an The OpenCms mailing list

        Kopie:
        Thema:  [opencms-dev] OC6 and history

Hello all,

    I just checked one of our OC6+Mysql4.1 installs and i see this table
cms_backup_contents is big around 400 MB.
I have tried to clear the history using the File History -> Clear
History in Admin view but no luck, i even set
Number of file versions to keep  to 0. Still the data file
(cms_backup_contents.MYD) is big, same size.
What shall i do to make the backup table in the DB smaller?
    Also a nice feature would be the possiblity to have history
settings based on file type, ex. in our system what is
taking up that space is a lot of PDFs that will not change and even if
they do we don't care for history in this case.
But for pages, templates, jsp the history would be very good.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Andras.