[opencms-dev] Example for CmsJspTagContent* Classes?

Wolfgang Winzer wwinzer at ka-dus.de
Fri Sep 23 16:15:39 CEST 2005

This is an easy one: Don't use them at all ;-)
These are internal classes used to implement the xmlcontent-tags like
<cms:contentload>, <cms:contentshow>, etc.

The following applies to Taglibs in general and the opencms taglib is no
exception:
When a jsp is compiled, it is searched for tags from the declared
taglibs. The tag (<cms:contentload>) is then more or less replaced by a
call to the doStart() method of the corresponding class
(CmsJspTagContentLoad) as determined by the tld-file for the library.
Previously to the call, the class is initialized with the parameters
found in the tags attributes.

It gets more complicated when the tag allows a body or even does loops.
Have a look at the myJsp_xyz.class the Jasper compiler generates in your
tomcat workdir if you want to see how it works.

Greets
Wolfgang