[opencms-dev] (6.0.0) Including jars / tlds in a module

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Sep 23 17:34:15 CEST 2005

As described by others it can be done.

As for versioning you may run into an issue, but mostly if you use
'generic' third-party jars that other modules may include as well.

In that case you could make a simple module which basically does nothing
more than install the relevant jar. You shouldn't use the
module-dependency feature for your own modules as they need to work
whether the module is installed or not - as long as the needed jar is
present (I am not sure if you can check the availability of the required
jar/class during install of the module and then somehow inform the user
that he or she need to install the specific jar - I think there is a
handle you can hook into during the module installation, but I doubt it
allows you to do a conditional install)