[opencms-dev] Taglib configuration

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:47:05 CEST 2005

I'm writing a small taglib for an OpenCms project which sends a query
to a webservice and includes returned HTML.
eg <gcs:listing query="classification='acc.bb'" template="myTemplate" />

Right now the service location is hardcoded in the taglib jar file,
which is bad. I would like to
make this configurable. However it's not clear to me what's the best
way of doing this. I want to keep my taglib code independent of
OpenCms, so I really don't want to be importing packages from OpenCms.

Any suggestions on what's the best way to configure a taglib this way?

Thanks,
Joe.