[opencms-dev] CSS files NOT applying to html files

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:14:38 CEST 2005

This is unlikely to be an OpenCms problem as it has no special support
for CSS files.

One thing I notice is that you are using class name "SIDE" in your CSS
and "side" in your HTML.  It seems that according to the standards
class and id names are case sensitive but most browers ignore case.
See this link http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Case_Sensitivity_in_class_and_id_Names

I use Mozilla with a Web Developers plugin to debug CSS. See

http://www.mozilla.org/
http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

With this plugin I can see the CSS that applies to the page, or to any
given element. I can also edit the CSS in real time. There are also
buttons which allow you to validate your CSS and HTML.

Joe.