[opencms-dev] MS-SQL Support

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Tue Sep 27 12:38:35 CEST 2005

Hi, Alfonso!
  the "right" way to use ours (and in general any) ant build file in eclipse is
using the ant view. the major benefit doing so is that you will have to
configure it once for all targets:

1. open the ant view: window -> show view -> other... -> ant
2. in the ant view, add your build files: right click on a clear area or the
first icon (l2r).
3. double clic the target you want to execute, targets with a white circle as
icon are internal targets and should not be execute (you can hide them with the
3rd icon l2r)
4. at the first execution of a target in a new ant file a default configuration
is created, that can/should be edited: Run -> External Tools -> External
Tools...
the name of the configuration is composed as following:
${PROJECT_NAME} ${BUILDFILE_NAME} ${OPTIONAL_INCREMENTAL_COUNTER}
5. for opencms you should configure it as following:
- disable Build -> Build before launch
- disable Properties -> Use global properties as specified in the Ant runtime
preferences and add at least one property:
opencms.output=/path/to/build/opencms
6. for building a war file you just need to execute the war target nothing else
is needed (of course executing the clean target before executing the war target
could be helpful)

--
Regards
Michael Moossen

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com