[opencms] [opencms-dev] No opencms.log logfile saved

Domenico De Seta domenico.deseta at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 28 00:36:09 CEST 2005

Hello Jorge,

I am using Tomcat 5.0.30 as app server: I cheked that the default
configuration file log4j.properties is in the
/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/  directory and that log4j.jar is in the
the /webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib/ directory.

I also tried restarting Tomcat: but in the myapp/logs/ directory there
is always the same 0 byte opencms.log file (creation date equal to when
myapp was first deployed).

Seems like something is wrong with the logger/appender configuration:
but I am really less than a beginner  with these tools. Any suggestion
is welcome!

Regards,
Domenico

26/09/2005