[opencms-dev] External editing, IDE Interation, Hotdeploy, WebDav Integration.

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Wed Sep 28 15:44:00 CEST 2005

Hi Bernat,

in the New Administration View there is an entry "Workplace Tools"
Inside there is another entry "Synchronization Settings".
There you have to define the destination path in the real filesystem.
In my case this is the WEB-INF directory below the webapp folder in my
development folder for the specific eclipse project.
Second you have to define the resource path in the OpenCms VFS.
In my case this is a specific module folder (corresponding to the eclipse
project :)) below /system/modules/.

It's a pity that is only possible to define one synchronization relation at a
time. But better than nothing :)

Don't forget to check "enabled".

After that you have a "Synchronize folder" button in the toolbar.
When you click it RFS resources below the defined folder will be updated with
VFS resources below the defined folder or vis versa, depending on what
changed earlier (changed date dependant, not content dependant).
So you have to be a little bit carefull using it.

But until now I have nothing messed up. :)

Well after synchronization you still have to publish the project or your
resource.
But sometimes there is magic and imediately after synchronization and clicking
the O.K. Button the "Publish" dialog appears.

Perhaps it's possible to automate some things by tampering with the source
code.

Kind regards, Bernd

[  bw at code-create.com
[  http://www.code-create.com/