[opencms-dev] Recommend page encoding problem

Alessandro La Rocca alessandro.larocca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:17:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have problems with the encoding of the message inside the recommend
form with characters like àéèì...
If I try inserting just "à", from the cms preview (offline) it works as
expected (well encoded, getBytes returns 2). While from the online it
returns a bad encoded string (getBytes returns 4!!!).

More information:
- for the rest, encoding works as expected (arabic too)
- template are the same in offline and online
- response.getEncoding returns always UTF-8
- my environment: Linux CentOS 4, Apache Web Server, JK Connector
1.2.10, Tomcat 5.0.28, JDK 1.5.0_03

Any suggestion will make me spend a great weekend. Regards, Alessandro