[opencms-dev] extended html import problems

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Tue Oct 4 16:57:42 CEST 2005

I'm having troubles importing html using the extended html import module in
v 6.0.0

at
org.opencms.workplace.tools.database.CmsHtmlImport.translateLink(CmsHtmlImport.java:745)

I delved down into the source a bit and it looks like the method:
CmsHtmlImport.translateLink is making the assumption that the
translatedLink  was calculated succesfully when it does a check on line
745  of the revision tagged with build_6_0_0  to see if the link ended with
a "/" so it can link to the index.html file instead.  (Shouldn't it be
checking the default file property of the parent folder instead of
defaulting to index.html anyway?)

That's not the case in my import for various reasons (I have a bunch of
broken links that the client wants to deal with manually instead of paying
me to do it).

I'm checking out the build now and am going to try to patch it and see if I
can get it to work, but I thought I would pass it along for someone with
more savvy to make the change on the head?

I'll send out a patch (or maybe just the recompiled .class file) for v
6.0.0 if I can get it to work so that others can avoid checking it out from
CVS.

Cheers.

-mp