[opencms-dev] Permissions to change JSPs

Barry barry at zoidberg.nl
Thu Oct 6 08:54:00 CEST 2005

Pascal DROUIN wrote:

>Hi, Barry
>I think it's not possible to modify this behavior, which seem to be hard
>coded in OpenCms.
>But what is the necessity for the basic user to modify a JSP: may be it's
>better to let the user modify a property of the objects?

Well, the user in this case has root shell access anyway so there's no
new security concerns. I only want to restrict their access within
OpenCms to prevent them accidently modifying content within other
projects. Within the project they are working on they will need to
develop new templates so need JSP permissions.

Still, the magic of open source - anyone have any pointers to where I
can find this restriction in the source code?