[opencms-dev] OpenCms deployments and updates

McDonald, Stuart Stuart.McDonald at sensis.com.au
Tue Oct 11 05:33:45 CEST 2005

Hi all,

We're at the stage of designing content management module and have
chosen OpenCms as the CMS for our application. Our selection was based
on the fact that OpenCms seems to be the most mature and feature-rich of
the OpenSource CMS systems around at the moment (although JCR compliance
would be nice ;-)

One of the questions that has come up is the ability to move
content/templates/users/groups between OpenCms servers. In short:

Is there an easy way to migrate content/templates/users/accounts from a
System Test environment to a Production environment?

I have played around with the modules but I'm not sure if this covers
the users/groups. Also:

In the event that we want to perform upgrades to our templates and/or
content, what is the easiest way to update an existing module in
OpenCms? I have tried re-importing a module but with no success.

Thanks,

Stuart

www.about.sensis.com.au
A leading Australian advertising, information and directories business.
www.sensis.com.au
www.yellowpages.com.au
www.whitepages.com.au
www.citysearch.com.au
www.whereis.com.au
www.telstra.com.au
www.tradingpost.com.au
www.universalpublishers.com.au
www.invizage.com.au
This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 8653 5000]