[opencms-dev] FCKEditor integration: Alpha release

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Tue Oct 11 19:37:05 CEST 2005

Hi Daniel,

 > I had to rezip the archiv than the install worked and I like the Editor.

can you explain this? Wich archive are you speaking of?

 > But could you please tell me the advantage over HTML-area?

HtmlArea's future was a bit unclear because the development was stopped.
There seems to be a new effort to develop HtmlArea, but i'm not quite
sure how it's going on. So we looked for an alternative and found
FCKEditor quite promising. It has some nice features like custom styles
(see manual for more details), a better XHTML integration and it's under
active development. They're planning to fully support XHTML wich is a
must have for future websites. I don't know how this is implemented in
future Versions of HtmlArea.

We simpy don't wanted to rely on a WYSIWG editor that has an unclear
future. This and XHTML + Custom Styles was the main cause for development.

Hope this helps

Sebastian