[opencms-dev] Current OpenCms Roadmap

Shi Yusen shiys at langhua.cn
Thu Oct 13 16:47:14 CEST 2005

Hi Arash,

>> What about improting > 70 MB exported data (Memory-Leak problem?)
Edit /org/opencms/importexport/CmsImportExportManager.java, find the
public static Document getManifest(File resource)
        try {
            if (resource.isFile()) {
                if (!resource.getName().toLowerCase().endsWith(".zip")) {
                    // skip non-ZIP files
                    return null;
                }

                // create a Reader either from a ZIP file's manifest.xml
entry...
                zipFile = new ZipFile(resource);
                zipFileEntry = zipFile.getEntry("manifest.xml");
                input = zipFile.getInputStream(zipFileEntry);
                reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(input));
            } else if (resource.isDirectory()) {
                // ...or from a subresource inside a folder
                manifestFile = new File(resource, "manifest.xml");
                reader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(manifestFile));
            }

            // transform the manifest.xml file into a dom4j Document
            saxReader = new SAXReader();
            manifest = saxReader.read(reader);
        } catch (Exception e) {

            if (LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {

LOG.debug(Messages.get().key(Messages.LOG_IMPORTEXPORT_ERROR_READING_MANIFES
T_1, resource), e);
            }
            manifest = null;
        } finally {
            try {
                if (reader != null) {
                    reader.close();
                }
            } catch (Exception e) {
                // noop
            }
        }

Change them to:
public static Document getManifest(File resource)
        try {
            if (resource.isFile()) {
                if (!resource.getName().toLowerCase().endsWith(".zip")) {
                    // skip non-ZIP files
                    return null;
                }

                // create a Reader either from a ZIP file's manifest.xml
entry...
                zipFile = new ZipFile(resource);
                zipFileEntry = zipFile.getEntry("manifest.xml");
                input = zipFile.getInputStream(zipFileEntry);
                saxReader = new SAXReader();
                manifest = saxReader.read(input);
[...]

Rebuild the opencms.jar.

Maybe the problem you mentioned can be resolved in this way.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.