[opencms-dev] getting rid of the opencms/opencms/ prefix

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Fri Oct 14 15:39:51 CEST 2005

At 11:22 AM 10/13/2005, Marcus Popetz wrote:
>Anyone know why this is really happening and has a better solution than
>manually copying things into the export directory?    I fear that my
>workaround will not cover all the problems...but it gets you rolling at least.

Dakoun helped me out with a private email and Christoph's email about the
[P] syntax made it even clearer.

Since I was going the route of mod_jk instead of proxying, I didn't enable
mod_proxy....and the [P] requires the use of mod_proxy.

Enabling mod_proxy fixed my problems.

Of course, if I had been diligent enough I would have checked the apache
logs and found
"attempt to make remote request from mod_rewrite without proxy enabled:
proxy:http://aauweb002.academyofarts.sjz.navisite.com/opencms/opencms/handle404"

:p

I'm adding a reply to the tutorial I used so other people don't make the
same mistake.

-mp