[opencms-dev] HELP!!!! Can Opencms run in a set of servers?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:58:52 CEST 2005

It's a good question, and it has been asked several times, but I
usually without any answer.
I think the simple answer is that out of the box, this is not possible.

However I think it can be made to happen, but would take some experimentation.

Here are some ideas: One possibility is to setup multiple instances of
OpenCms to read from the main database, via a username with read-only
access. Another possibility is to use database replication (I believe
most databases support this nowadays) so that each server will have
it's own local read-only copy. The static export directory could be a
problem -- the replicated servers will need to copy images into there
when things are published.

Another possibility is that if the site is all static, is to somehow
export the site into a file system and share it among the servers (eg
using networked file system or other means).

Maybe someone else has looked into this problem?

Joe.